Follow the Youth Ministry on Facebook:
- For middle school programs, text msxover to 41411.
- For high school programs, text hsxover to 41411.
Friday Night Dances: Held in the gym about once a month during the school year for the Middle Schoolers, the dances feature food, video games, skits, hanging out with friends, music and even dance! Adult leaders act as chaperones, overseeing the event and learning about popular music superstars like Justin Bieber.
CrossOver: CrossOver is an outreach program on Wednesday nights. Middle school students meet in the gym from 6:30-8:15 pm. High school students meet from 7:30-9:15 pm in the Youth Room, with the gym open until 10 pm.
Breakfast Club: Studying the Bible on Sundays for both middle school and high school students. Breakfast Club starts at 9:30 am on Sunday mornings, with breakfast available at 9:15 am.
Laurelville: Laurelville is the retreat for middle school and high school students in the Fall.
Confirmation: For youth 8th grade and older wishing to join the church, Confirmation is a series of events geared to helping them grow in Jesus and understand what being a member of the church means.
Friday Night Live: This church lock-in starts off with games in the gym and hangout in the youth room, turns into a pizza dinner late in the evening, heads over to the sanctuary for a talk, and then heads out on buses to bowling or roller skating or whatever is scheduled until the buses return home at 7:oo a.m.! The youth are surprised the adults can still pull all-nighters. The adults are often surprised, too!
flasH is the student leadership team and meets Sunday afternoons.
The Chapel: The Chapel is a special time of worship (usually the last Sunday of the month at 7:30 pm), involving both youth and adults in praise and worship of God.
The Youth Program Leadership:
In addition to the staff, the Youth Program at PHCPC has adult leaders, interns and student leaders. Not only do the leaders help run the programs, but the leaders themselves are nurtured in God and trained in how to minister to youth.
Youth Ministry Personnel and Elders
Latest News About Youth Ministry:
- We would like to honor graduating high school and college students at the 11:00 AM service on Sunday, June 9. We will meet in the Youth Room at 10:30 AM and proceed as a group to the service. Please bring your cap and gown and any special honor cords or medals to wear to the Continue Reading...
- This summer, three CrossOver ministry teams will be going on mission trips. Haiti: The team of 17 youth and adults going to Cap Haitian, Haiti, will be gone from June 21 through 29. They will be working with three orphanages in Haiti. This team is raising funds to purchase a desperately needed generator for one Continue Reading...
- The Youth Sunday worship services celebrates the work of God through the “good news” of Jesus Christ in the lives of students who attend various aspects of our youth ministry–Middle School Dances, CrossOver. retreats, Breakfast Club, flasH, the CrossOver Worship Band, Chapel Worship Services, mission trips and more. Week after week, year after year, the leadership of the PHCPC Youth Ministries desires Continue Reading...
- Wednesday, March 27, from 7:00 PM-8:30 PM in the Youth Room, Thomas Jefferson High School Principal, Mr. Timothy Hasselhoff, will speak and take questions. As principal of TJ high school, Tim has a perspective on what our youth are dealing with in today’s culture and environment. Prior to becoming the principal at TJ, Mr. Hasselhoff Continue Reading...
- High School CrossOver will meet February 6, 13 and 20 at 7:30 PM, beginning in the Youth Room (Room 230). February’s topic will be “The Hatfields and McCoys.” The television mini-series will be a guide to the Biblical perspective on revenge. Be Sociable, Share! Tweet...
- Middle School CrossOver will meet February 6, 13 and 20 at 6:30 PM in the Great Room. The topic will be “Fake I.D.: What Defines Us?” with guest speakers! February’s Dance will be February 15 and themed “Pittsburgh Pride.” And no, the parrot doesn’t know how to drive and that’s why he’s under house arrest Continue Reading...